Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Rescue (continued)...

So off we went.  I knew it wouldn't be short drive, maybe 30-40 minutes, but I hoped at least traffic wouldn't be too bad.  Not long into the drive at all, my emotions kicked in again.  Will she even make it to Squirrel Creek?  Was I going to get fired?  Am I doing the right thing?  Most of all, I didn't want her to suffer.  About ten or fifteen minutes into the drive, I am sitting at the light at westbound Evans Ave. and I-25 south, waiting for it to turn.  It wasn't long but it felt long.  The whole time I was just focused on the light and thoughts/emotions going through my mind.  Then, just before it turned, I happened to look over to the right, and see a digital billboard at the Freeway Ford car dealership.  It said:  Don't give up!!  Don't ever give up!!

Those reading who know me know I am a very spiritual (not religious) person.  If I needed assurance that I was doing what was best for her, I didn't need to look any further.  At least not for the time being.  I wanted to take a picture of it with my phone, and post it with this, but the light turned just as I was reaching for my phone.  I went back today, after hiking, hoping it would still be there and I could take a picture.  I wasn't completely surprised to discover it wasn't.  The billboard was there but it was a different quote.  I was disappointed but thought, it was in my life just long enough to help me not give up, it was in my life just when I needed it most.

Thankfully traffic wasn't horrible and we arrived at Squirrel Creek safe.  I had tried calling as I got close to C-470 and Santa Fe but there was no answer.  I didn't even have the address, just the name of the street and zip code (80125).  I exited C-470 going south on Santa Fe, because I knew that was the 80125 zip code.  Then I see a sign saying the next signal is the street I want.  I manage to get into the right lane and turn where I need to go.  I didn't have to go far and saw a sign.  I was so glad to finally be there.  I peeked into the box and sure enough, she was still fighting (once again I could see her breathing).  Just as I pulled in to park, I guy was pulling up into the spot next to me.  He was very nice and asked how he could help.  I explained the whole story to him; starting with how I found the bunny, to my tour across town, and then ending up here.  He said I was in the right place and we went inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment